Here is the DFAS 2020 active duty payday calendar, including days for mid-month and end-of-month Leave and Earning Statements (LES).
2020 Active Duty Military Pay Dates
|Pay Period||Mid-month Pay Day||LES Available||End-of-Month Pay Day||LES Available|
|December||December 15||December 8||December 31||December 23|
|November||November 13||November 6||December 1||November 20|
|October||October 15||October 8||October 30||October 23|
|September||September 15||September 4||October 1||September 24|
|August||August 14||August 7||September 1||August 25|
|July||July 15||July 8||July 31||July 24|
|June||June 15||June 5||July 1||June 24|
|May||May 15||May 8||June 1||May 22|
|April||April 15||April 8||May 1||April 24|
|March||March 13||March 6||April 1||March 25|
|February||February 14||February 7||February 28||February 21|
|January||January 15||January 8||January 31||January 24|
Military dates are applicable to all branches of the military, including the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Coast Guard, Space Force and the Public Health Service.
When Will I Receive My Military Paycheck?
Military paychecks will normally be available on the dates listed above unless banking at an early pay bank (see below). Pay checks will arrive on the 1st and the 15th of each month unless a payday falls on a weekend or holiday. In those instances, payments will be issued on the last workday preceding the 1st and the 15th.
Note: Service members can opt to receive his or her pay once a month.
Payment is for the previous work period. For example, you get paid on the 15th for work from the 1st – 15th of the month.
Early Military Pay Banks
Some military friendly banking institutions make active duty checking funds available a day to three days earlier. Examples of these banks include:
- USAA Federal
- Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU)
- Armed Forces Bank
- FrontWave Credit Union (FCU)
- Security Service Federal Credit Union (SSFCU)
- Service Credit Union (SCU)
- Andrews FCU
- First Citizens Banks
- Fort Hood National Bank
- Kinetic Credit Union
- Langley FCU
- Point Breeze Credit Union
What is the MyPay System?
The Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) MyPay system is an automated system that allows service members to access pay and tax statements, and travel advice updates. Discretionary pay data can also be updated without using paper forms. Updates that can be made include:
- View, print, and save leave and earnings statements (LES)
- View and print tax statements e.g. W2 Wage, SLRP wage statements
- Manage the delivery method for all your statements
- Change federal and state tax withholdings
- Update bank account and electronic fund/deposit transfer information
- Make address changes
- Stop or start hard copies of your LES or W2
- View and print travel vouchers
- Control Thrift Savings Plan enrollment
- Change or cancel contribution percentage for TSP
DFAS MyPay Login Page: https://mypay.dfas.mil
DFAS Phone Number: 888-332-7411, option 5 for MyPay