The United States Army Recruiting Kansas City Battalion is an Army facility located in Kansas City, Missouri that acts as a central hub for Army recruiting efforts in the area, serving seven company headquarters.
The Kansas City recruiting area includes 159 counties in the state of Missouri, the eastern half of Kansas, and part of Southwest Illinois, covering a total of 94,540 square miles. Find information about USAREC Kansas City Battalion including the main commercial and DSN numbers for the base, information on basic services, base transportation, lodging for TDY and PSCing personnel, and inprocessing.
Mission & Units
As mentioned above, USAREC Kansas City Battalion is responsible for a very large recruiting area. Troops assigned to the Battalion may work in a geographically remote location from the battalion–ask your sponsor if you aren’t sure where your duty location might be. If you already know where you may be serving, you can contact the command support staff at the following locations:
- GKC (816) 531-3818
- Cape Girardeau (573) 335-4959
- Joplin (417) 782-2806
- Liberty (816) 792-8724
- Manhattan (785) 776-7950
- St. Louis (314) 331-4138
- Mid-Missouri (573) 563-0834
Main Address And Phone Numbers
0300 NW Prairie View Road
Kansas City, MO 64153-1350
Important USAREC Kansas City Battalion Phone Numbers
- Battalion Headquarters (816) 891-7616
- Soldier Family Assistance Program Manager 816-891-8744
- Family Advocacy Coordinator 210-295-0524
- Command Group 816-891-7616/7838
- A&PA 816-891-8721/8729
- RT 816-891-9184
- Soldier & Family Assistance 816-891-8744
- Budget & Accounting 816-891-8155
- IMO 816-891-2486
- Ed Spec 816-877-8605
- Facilities 816-891-2498
- Administration S-1 816-891-8037
- Operations S-3 816-891-7750/
- Supply S-4 816-891-2498
Kansas City has much to offer; major league sports fans will appreciate the proximity to the Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas City Royals arenas, and there are plenty of good family-friendly attractions in the area including the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, the Arabia Steamboat Museum, and there are local tours aplenty including a Kansas City gangster tour. Don’t miss the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts and Music Hall Kansas City.
The battalion is roughly three and a half hours from St. Louis, Missouri, which is home to professional sports including the St. Louis Cardinals and the St. Louis Blues; it’s also a great destination in the area for live music, fine dining, and travel thanks to the major airport in the area, Lambert International
Inprocessing and Check-In
All soldiers PCSing to the Kansas City Battalion are directed to check-in at Battalion Headquarters located at 10300 NW Prairie View Road. Family members are encouraged to attend and you will be briefed on issued including medical care and coverage. All new arrivals must hand-carry the following documents to their in-processing briefing:
- PCS orders and amendments
- Original DA 31
- Finance packet
- DD 1561 Request for Family Separation Allowance
- MOS orders (provided by the Army Recruiter School)
- Army Recruiter Course (ARC) graduation certificate
- Vehicle registration
- Information necessary to update DD 93 and SGLI
- Military 201 file: 2A, 2-1, promotion packet (if applicable)
- Last NCOER
- Military ID card
- Civilian and military drivers license
- Reenlistment card
- Quarters termination sheet
- MEDPROS Update
The recruiting battalion is not located on a military base, but rather in an office building in Kansas City. To get on-base services you may need to consider using the facilities at one of the following bases nearby:
- Fort Riley, Junction City, Kansas
- Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
- Fort Leonard Wood, near Waynesville, Missouri
- Whiteman AFB, near Warrensburg, Missouri
- Scott Air Force Base, Bellevue, Illinois
All soldiers PCSing to USAREC Kansas City Battalion are directed to track and manage their household goods shipments via the Defense Personal Property System at Move.mil.
When you receive orders to the battalion, get in contact with your sponsor or request a sponsor assignment so you can discuss local housing issues. The battalion, not being located on a military base, does not have a housing office in the traditional sense–ask your sponsor about current options for housing in the local area.
PCS and TDY Lodging
Ask your sponsor about the procedures for getting reimbursed for commercial hotels or other lodging–there is no military temporary lodging facility associated with USAREC Kansas City Battalion and depending on current guidance you may or may not be required to obtain a certificate of non-availability to be reimbursed for off-post lodging when traveling to the battalion.
The following personnel are not required to obtain a Missouri drivers’ license or ID card, and they are also not required to register their privately owned vehicles in the State of Missouri:
- Members of the Armed Forces with a valid license from the home of record;
- Full-time students with a valid license from your home state;
- Operators of farm tractors and related vehicles on a highway for agricultural related purposes.
The following ARE required to obtain a Missouri driver license:
- Those who are Missouri residents and are 16 years of age or older;
- New residents of Missouri;
- Out-of-state commercial drivers who have moved to Missouri within the last 30 days.